Monday, September 07, 2009

Farewell to Summer


The autumnal equinox is still a few weeks away, but today marks the traditional end of the summer vacation season. How does a genomics geek dress for the beach? I present the KR's Career Collection, with sun protection from Infinity, a lovely Codon Devices beach bag and a towel from Millennium, with gorgeous Crane's Beach in Ipswich lending the background. This collection was more spontaneous than planned, so I didn't dig for one of my remaining Harvard T-shirts or the Centocor frisbee that's stashed somewhere.

I haven't yet worked for an Iguana Pharmaceuticals, so perhaps that is a portent of my future. And while I am quite happy in my job, if someone were to start a bioinformatics shop on St. Thomas, I would have to listen to the pitch...

No comments: